The Devotional Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
James
Admin
https://qtsforjamesandhanna.rpg-board.net

May 3rd            Empty May 3rd

Thu 03 May 2018, 3:01 pm
Scripture Passage: Psalm 139:1-18
-Also readings from A.W. Tozer's 'The Pursuit of God'

v. 7-10 "Where can I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me."

Today's devo is on God's presence and that it is in all - that God is present everywhere.
-In order that we might become closer with God (not geographically, but within intimacy), we need to understand that He is most definitely involved in all aspects of our lives. When we 'draw near' to God, we are coming to a greater degree of awareness, to a greater extent of consciousness of God.
-When we are dry in our faith, I think we tend to gravitate towards being 'distant' from God - almost to think that He is less involved with us

Tozer presents a term called spiritual receptivity and I think it means just like what it sounds - being spiritually receptive towards God, recognizing His presence and work
-This is essentially spiritual awareness and must be trained in our spiritual discipleship/growth
-Tozer also provides examples that we utilize in order that we may 'feel' close with God, but in reality aren't, some examples include "Having our short devotions and rushing away, hoping to make up for our deep inward bankruptcy by attending another gospel meeting, trusting in religious externalities, quasi-religious fellowships"

I am in desperate need to humble myself and to walk in obedience and trust in order that I may be that much more spiritually receptive. I need to repent from anything that distracts me from understanding God's presence in my life and to continuously and sincerely return to God, daily.

Babe, please pray for God to reveal my idols to me. I'm am unaware of the things that hold me back from growing as a child of Him. I lack the wisdom and knowledge to know my weaknesses and in dire need of God's divine intervention
Love you so much! Hope Mark Central has been fruitful and I'm eager to hear what you've learned Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum