The Devotional Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
James
Admin
https://qtsforjamesandhanna.rpg-board.net

May 10th               Empty May 10th

Thu 10 May 2018, 4:11 pm
Scripture Passage: John 15:1-17;

Just another beautiful passage that I've haven't set eyes on recently.
-That Christ is the true vine and that the Father is the vinedresser, while we serve as His branches.
-There is this very intimate and intriguing wordage, especially as the word 'abide' appears at least 3 times.

With great hope and confidence, we know that as long as we abide in Christ - He does with us, and that we ought to depend on Him as the vine in order to bear fruit.
-Just like how any agricultural element receives its nutrition from its root source, we can only produce good works through the vine.

v.10-11 "If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full."
-Abiding in God comes through following his commandments, knowing that they aren't chores. If we know God, and know that He has the best interest for us above any other person in the world, then we must know that following God's commandments for His people is the best thing (and wisest) we can do ourselves and to do God justice as our creator.
-I have nothing to offer, even my good works will never satisfy as a payment for Christ's sins. Rather, because Christ has died we are egligible to now do good works, for the sake of praising our saviour and our creator.

Though easier said than done, I need to fix my identity upon the cross rather than my external service to God. Once I feel like I've established a healthy understanding of my identity in Christ, then and only then do I think I could praise Him to the degree in which He would be pleased. Hope devos are going great for you and that you may learn lots through them. Love you babe! <3
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum