The Devotional Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
hannalee
Admin

May 25th   Empty May 25th

Fri 25 May 2018, 7:02 pm
"Inspired by Tozer" Chapter 1 - God Incomprehensible

God is INCOMPREHENSIBLE - more than we could ever know or imagine
"I often have been impressed anew with the vast handiwork of our incomprehensible God. I find His incomprehensibility absolutely refreshing."
- This is a new perspective for me as many times I find God's power and unknowableness (is that a word?) to be frustrating rather than refreshing and fascinating

Although we can't know everything, God provides us with what He wants us to know; at Bene we talked about how in Scripture God tells us everything He wants us to know, and everything He doesn't want us to know He doesn't include (like do dogs go to heaven???)
May 25th   All_dogs_go_to_heaven_by_thereapersapprentice-d4uixs4

We can't expect Him to explain everything to us, but even while knowing that we can't know everything about Him, we should still long to know more and more

An example of God's incomprehensibility is why He allows suffering:
"Though we often view it as an enemy, pain is an essential part of God's inexplicable curriculum that leads to obedience."

"Suffering is essential if we hope to become effective for God."

"Suffering softens our spirits and makes us sensitive to God's voice-for He doesn't leave us alone in our pain."

Ecclesiastes 7:14 "In the day of prosperity be joyful, and in the day of adversity consider: God has made the one as well as the other."
Many times we blame and question God for the bad things that happen, but fail to thank him for our blessings, when in fact, he is responsible for all of our days!

Genesis 50:20 "As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today."
Another verse we went over at Bene!! Just like how God used Joseph and all his suffering for good, I should trust that when God places misfortunes in my life, it is part of the bigger plan He has for me.

Hope work is going well! love you x