The Devotional Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
James
Admin
https://qtsforjamesandhanna.rpg-board.net

May 22nd            Empty May 22nd

Tue 22 May 2018, 11:07 pm
Scripture Passage: Psalm 57:5, "Be exalted, O God, above the heavens! Let your glory be over all the earth!"
Psalm 42:1 "As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God."
-Excerpts from A.W. Tozer

"Much of our difficulty as seeking Christians stems from our unwillingness to take God as He is and adjust our lives accordingly. We insist upon trying to modify Him and to bring Him nearer to our image. We can get a right start only by accepting God as He is and learning to love Him for what He is."
-I think that this quote illustrates the problem of the faith of many Christians in today's world (myself included, of course). That we take God for something to fit our agenda, in order that He may fulfill a particular aspect that no human can provide, or that we form a God that we love to worship - out of our imaginations.
-Subliminally shows the importance of Scripture in order to ensure that our relationship with God is biblical.

-I wonder what kind of God that I've constructed. What stops me from adjusting my life accordingly to who God is?

"To have found God and still to pursue Him is the soul's paradox of love, scorned indeed by the too-easily-satisfied religionist, but justified in happy experience by the children of the burning heart."
-I pray that I may learn to love to love God - loving the process behind loving Him, that I may pursue Him even though I have Him. I think it took me such a long time to get down to do devos today, and it was a representation of my heart that sometimes I'm not always thrilled to love Him.
-Do I have less of God if I don't do my devotionals or if I spend time in prayer? Absolutely not. But I am depriving myself from receiving a greater glimpse of the One that deserves all of my love, honour, and loyalty. Though we don't have less of God, we must be hungry for more. Even though we have 100% of Him and He fully satisfies us, we must always respond with an ambitious pursuit of receiving more.

May we both fall deeper in love with God and with a love that is representative of Scripture. May we continue to love God as God, rather than constructing Him to be something He certainly isn't.