The Devotional Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
James
Admin
https://qtsforjamesandhanna.rpg-board.net

April 22nd Empty April 22nd

Sun 22 Apr 2018, 5:49 pm
Scripture Passage: 1 Peter 3:18-22

One of the most trickiest passages in all of Scripture - especially with terminology such as "spirits in prison", "proclamations" and understanding the meaning of baptism.

I looked into some commentaries and it states that the most confirmed biblical interpretation about this passage refers to Christ preaching through Noah to those who lived while Noah was building the ark. And this is cross-referenced to 1 Peter 1:10-11 where it says the Spirit of Christ was in the former prophets of the Old Testament.

Anyways, a shorter devotional for me today, just remembering that baptism doesn't save us rather it's the appeal to God for a good conscience through Christ's resurrection.
-And that this resurrection of Christ demonstrates God's acceptance of Christ's substitutionary death for us (Could you imagine if Jesus died and didn't rise from the grave? hmmm Rolling Eyes )

"Do I have a good conscience towards God today? Do I seek to glorify Him knowing that I've been justified already - apart from my works (heheh working off your devotional from galatians <3)

Spent some time praying for you today - hope you're having an awesome day with your friends from church! Love you so much babe cya tomorrow hehe

hannalee
Admin

April 22nd Empty April 22nd

Sun 22 Apr 2018, 11:17 pm
Passage: Galatians 3

v.13
"Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us - for it is written, 'Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree'"
- this verse reminded me of substitutionary atonement! Very Happy

Galatians 2 talked about justifying oneself by faith rather than by works, whereas Galatians 3 clarifies my curiosity regarding why there is a law in the first place
v.19-22 --> the law isn't bad!
- the law was "added because of transgressions"
- with no law, there is no crime!
- law = makes sin visible

short and sweet! gonna shower now! love youu talk to u veryy soon I love you
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum