The Devotional Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
James
Admin
https://qtsforjamesandhanna.rpg-board.net

April 20th Empty April 20th

Fri 20 Apr 2018, 3:54 am
Scripture Passage: 1 Peter 2:11-25

-This passage ought to be read in context of 1 Peter 2:9-10, the two verses prior to today's passage. In light of our identity as Christians in a foreign world, Peter urges his readers in order that we might exemplify Christ by abstaining from passions of the flesh and to be an example of the transforming grace of the gospel (v.11-12)
-I think also its amazing to recognize that Peter calls first century Christians as people that are free - rather than those who are enslaved in their service to God. And submission doesn't mean a denial of Christian freedom, but it is the act of God's truly free people.

v.21 reminds me of when we went over substitutionary atonement at cafe bene! That Christ's substitutionary atonement suffered the curse of sin for not only salvation rather also as a model of endurance in unjust suffering. That he suffered when we ought to have, while we now reap the benefits of his obedience through the live that He lived on earth.

Some questions I asked myself were, "In what parts of my life do I find myself suffering unjustly? Do I often complain about my circumstances (i.e, finances for seminary)?" and lastly, another question I asked was, "Could non-Christians see my good deeds and glorify God on the day of His return?"

Babe, please pray that my character will exemplify Christ in every context. And please pray that I may feel free while serving Him. I want to be more dependent on His grace.
hannalee
Admin

April 20th Empty April 20th

Fri 20 Apr 2018, 8:37 pm
Passage: Galatians 1 Very Happy

v.13
- Paul talks about his past (his persecution of the church)
- This is an important reminder that God can use anyone in amazing ways even though we are all sinners who have done wrong against Him
- We shouldn't let our shame overpower us, no matter how "big/small" our sin is - God still loves us soo much!!
- This reminds me of our very first Bible study in Kingston (Luke 7:36-50) - we talked about the parable of the two debtors and how sin is sin!

v.10
"For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ."
- Many times I find myself acting a certain way to gain acceptance and to look good in the eyes of those around me
- However is it wrong to want to please the people I love? What exactly is the "man" that this verse refers to?  confused

v.6-9
- Paul writes about "a different gospel"
- I ask myself, are there different gospels in my life? Am I turning to the gospel of Christ above all else?

Prayer Requests
- I want to care less about others' opinions of me and for my actions to be centred on God and not "man"
- Also to stop comparing myself to others  lol!

( P.S. I love you  Razz )
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum