The Devotional Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
James
Admin
https://qtsforjamesandhanna.rpg-board.net

April 21st Empty April 21st

Sat 21 Apr 2018, 3:04 pm
Scripture Passage: 1 Peter 3:1-17

Continuing on with Peter's exhortation/encouragement to first century Christians under persecution, he takes the time to encourage wives and husbands in order that they may honour God in their marriage. Also he encourages the suffering Christians to suffer for righteousness' sake.

v.4 "But let you adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

As Peter addresses true beauty in women, he doesn't disqualify the need for makeup or the need to dress well - rather he affirms that the beauty of a woman lies within her inner spirit.
-Though I'm most certainly not a woman (LOL), I still think that there's something for me to learn, which is that I need to find greater value in what God finds value - and that's within the inner spirit. I know we joke that I'm superficial - to a certain degree though, I think I am... But I need to recognize that physical beauty fades but the word of the Lord remains forever (1 Peter 1:25, Isaiah 40:6) and that this word now resides in you <3
-I want to learn how to love you wholeheartedly from a love that flows from God's love and with a love that isn't superficial (Shouldn't I still appreciate the beauty in which God has created with His hands though? hehe Razz)

v.15 "But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect."

-The english word of apologetics is used in the greek word of defense here and I think what Peter is addressing is that believers ought to understand what they believe and then be able to articulate one's beliefs humbly, lovingly, thoughtfully, reasonably, and biblically. Another interesting thought is that Peter mentions that we should be ready to answer those who ask for the reason as to why there is hope in us.
-The question now is, "Am I living a life that is hopeful?" "Am I living a life that is pleasing to others, that they would question as to why I live so hopefully?"
-Something to chew on this afternoon...

Babe please pray for a greater sense of spiritual discipline in my life. I want to implement a greater love for you and for others - a love that is deeper, more sincere and authentic.
Please please please pray for me on this and please be patient with me. Soso grateful that you're journeying with me <3
hannalee
Admin

April 21st Empty April 21st

Sat 21 Apr 2018, 6:23 pm
Passage: Galatians 2

Hi babee sunny missing you but hope you're having fun today!

v.15-16
- the word "justified" is mentioned 3 times, which Google defines as "declare or make righteous in the sight of God"
- this reminds me of discipleship with my KCF sistas when we talked about passive righteousness vs. active righteousness (v.21 "I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.")
- "justifying ourselves" is done through our faith rather than by our works/abiding by the law (so important!)

Please pray that I would stop trying to impress God by acting like a "good" Christian and doing good deeds!
Pray for me that while I do QTs and go to church, it would be because I long to do so rather than because I think that's what I should be doing.

Love you x
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum