The Devotional Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
hannalee
Admin

April 23rd Empty April 23rd

Mon 23 Apr 2018, 11:45 pm
Passage: Galatians 4

- this passage talks about being heirs of God (we are His children!)
- since I grew up without a father figure in my life, it was always hard to imagine God as my heavenly "father" but I must constantly remind myself that I am his daughter and heir! (not a slave)

v.21-31 talks about Abraham and his two sons
- Hagar ("born according to the flesh") and Isaac ("born through promise") --> the promise being that God would give Abraham offspring through Sarah
- we are like Isaac and not Hagar; trusting God's promise > trusting our own human effort

these devos are getting shorter and shorter LOL Crying or Very sad
today was fun babe I love you love you !
James
Admin
https://qtsforjamesandhanna.rpg-board.net

April 23rd Empty Re: April 23rd

Tue 24 Apr 2018, 12:05 am
Scripture Passage: 1 Peter 4:1-2

Only went through two verses and decided to spend more time in prayer - my mind can't really seem to focus today Sad
-While praying I listened to "All Glory Be to Christ" and I'll post the lyrics below. Just hearing the tragedy from today just shows that life in it of itself is short, frail, and meaningless outside of living for the will of God.

-"Since therefore Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves with the same way of thinking, for whoever has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, so as to live for the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for human passions but for the will of God."
-"How did I live for the will of God today? How will I live for Him tomorrow?"
-I think I often find it difficult to differentiate obedience and legalism (working for one's salvation). Can I just be obedient without trying to think that this 'good deed' does not contribute to my salvation?
mmmmm some hard stuff..

Anyways, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 states "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

-In light of this, may I then be in absolute gratitude and thanksgiving in light of the day that He has provided over us today. Had a blast today, thanks babe soso much <3

https://genius.com/Kings-kaleidoscope-all-glory-be-to-christ-lyrics

"To you who boast tomorrow's gain
Tell me, What is your life?
A mist that vanishes at dawn
All glory be to Christ!"
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum